NO OPEN CALLS
Small Work – CLOSED
November 10, 2016 – December 5, 2017
Dendroica Gallery is looking for art measuring 12 inches or less in all dimensions.
DEADLINE FOR THIS CALL FOR ART SUBMISSIONS: September 15, 2016
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with images of the work you would like to submit, along with a link to your website.
Notification will be sent out October 2nd. Selected entries must be received by November 2nd.
December 6, 2016 – January 8, 2017
Dendroica Gallery is looking for art addressing or representing the theme, “Ornithology.” Art submitted should be of or related to the study of birds, and can be representative or abstract.
DEADLINE FOR THIS CALL FOR ART SUBMISSIONS: October 15, 2016
Notification will be sent out November 2nd. Selected entries must be received by December 2nd.
Cost: $10 for 3 entries. Download entry form here: PDF Word
This calls are open to all local, national and international artists. All art mediums will be considered, including photography, sculpture, fabric, mixed media, paintings and drawings. Sizes up to 4 feet are acceptable. Work to be hung on a wall must weigh less than 40 lb (18 kg). Freestanding 3D artworks must weigh less than 100 lb (45 kg).
General Rules for Entry:
1. Open to all local, national and international artists. Each artist may submit up to three (3) entries. All works must be original.
2. Artists may submit a one-page resume and a narrative (25 words or less) for each entry submitted. Images must be 4 x 6 inches and no more than 200 dpi resolution (1200 x 800 pixels). Attach an entry form (if required). Submit entries by e-mail (email@example.com) or on CD (Dendroica Gallery, 1718A East Olive Way, Seattle, WA 98102). If you would like your CD returned, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. CDs must be received by the due date.
3. A 40% commission will be taken on all art sold during the exhibition.
4. All works must be in a suitable form of presentation. The organizers of the competition reserve the right to refuse any work not considered acceptable for presentation.
5. Artists or their agents are responsible for transportation of art work to and from Dendroica Gallery. Artwork shall be delivered and picked up at designated dates and times. If accepted work is shipped to the park, the artist must pay all shipping, handling and insurance costs both ways, (further details will be provided following acceptance).
6. During the exhibition period each accepted artwork will be insured by Dendroica Gallery.
7. Works selected for the competition must remain in the exhibition until it closes. No exceptions.
8. Dendroica Gallery may reject any piece that differs markedly from the work depicted on the accepted slide.
9. If there is an entry fee, please pay by check or we will invoice you on PayPal. Do not send cash.
Copyright of the images will remain at all times with the artist. Images will be used strictly in connection to the gallery and will not be used for any other marketing purposes other than to promote the artist while showing at Dendroica Gallery. Images will not be resold or used by any other third party. To promote the artist showing, Dendroica Gallery is granted the right to display images on social network websites (on official profiles) including: Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and Twitter.
DELIVERY AND RETURN OF WORK
All work accepted for the exhibition must arrive ready to install. Works not gallery-ready, or not exhibiting good craftsmanship, may be omitted from the exhibit. Accepted work that differs significantly from the entry images or suffers from poor presentation, will be disqualified. Please note that professional-level presentation and craftsmanship is a must. Work may be hand delivered or shipped. Shipped works must be sent in an easily reusable container/packaging with return shipping prepaid. Works will be returned in the same manner as delivered or via UPS/USPS. Accepted work will remain on display for the duration of the exhibition. Works not claimed within 30 days of the end of the exhibit will become the property of Dendroica Gallery. The artists are responsible for all shipping costs to and from the gallery.
Works will be insured while on gallery premises. Insurance covers theft, vandalism, damage caused by gallery patrons or staff (in accordance with insurance policy). PLEASE NOTE: Insurance does not cover damage caused during shipping due to any reason, including mishandling by carrier or failure of packaging to protect works in transit. Also not covered is damage caused to work by failure of the work itself, its mounting systems installed or provided by the artist, disintegration/degradation due to the nature/quality of materials or craftsmanship, or incidental damage to works whose artist-directed presentation methods put them at risk.
SALE OF ARTWORK
All work will be available for sale during exhibit. Dendroica Gallery will retain a commission of 40% of the sale price on all artwork sold during the exhibition. Artists set the sale price on the entry form. Works are required to be for sale in order to be included in exhibitions.